Leipzig Book Fair 2022
Leipzig Book Fair is the most important get-together in the spring for the book and media industry, connecting readers with authors, publishers and media companies from Germany and around the world. They all visit Leipzig to experience a diversity of literature, discover innovations and gain new perspectives.
At the last event, 2,500 exhibitors from 46 countries presented the novelties of the spring, delighting 286,000 visitors on the exhibition grounds and throughout the city. Leipzig Book Fair is held in conjunction with the Manga-Comic-Con and the Leipzig liest ("Leipzig reads") reading festival. Leipzig Book Fair is supported by the Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels.
Leipzig Book Fair 2023 takes place 27- 30/04/2023.
- Most important spring meeting of the book and media industry
- approx. 2,500 exhibitors from over 40 countries (year 2019)
- 286,000 visitors at the exhibition center and throughout the city, including 62,000 trade visitors (year 2019)
- Approx. 3,400 participants in 3,600 events on 550 stages at Leipzig liest (year 2019)
- Exhibition areas: autoren@leipzig (offers for authors), fiction and non-fiction, children, youth and education, book art & graphics, art colleges, service providers of the book industry: non-book, specialist book, non-fiction & science, digital world: audio, film & media, international, art book, music, travel, religion, newspapers and magazines
- 108,000 sq. ft. of gross floor space (year 2019)
- Approximately 3000 journalists (year 2019)
- In conjunction with the Manga-Comic-Con and the Antiquarian Book Fair
- Ideal sponsor: German Publishers and Booksellers Association (Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels e.V.)